This page lists New Hampshire child and adolescent psychiatry resources organized by category:
- State government agencies
- Mental health and substance abuse
- Family service organizations
- Educational resources
- Support groups
State government agencies
- New Hampshire Dept. of Health and Human Services – Maternal and Child Health
Improving the availability of, and access to, high quality preventive and primary health care for all children, women and their partners
- New Hampshire Dept. of Health and Human Services – Medicaid Preferred Drug List
Mental health and substance abuse
Information and support
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
Greater Hampstead Depression and Bipolar Support Group. Patient assistance, advocacy, publications, referrals and book catalogues.
Phone: (603) 560-3682
- DHMC Alcohol and Drug Treatment Options
A regional guide to services for the Upper Valley
- Disability Rights Center
A listing of New Hampshire community mental health centers.
Phone: (800) 834-1721
- Evidence-Based Treatment for Children and Adolescents
General information about types of depression in children
- LGBTQ+ Resources (PDF)
New Hampshire resources for LQBTQ+ Youth and Families, along with crisis hotline phone numbers for immediate assistance.
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill – New Hampshire
A national organization with advocacy, referrals and support group information.
Phone: (800) 242-6264
- NH "Warm Line" (talk line): (888) 582-0920, (603) 447-1765
- NH/VT Local Substance Abuse Crisis Hotline: (603) 448-4400
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Wide range of behavioral health services for adults and children.
Phone: (603) 650-7075
- Cheshire Medical Center
Inpatient and partial hospital psychiatric services for adolescents and families.
Phone: (603) 354-6670
- Hampstead Hospital
Inpatient, outpatient, partial hospital and substance abuse treatment for children, adolescents and families.
Phone: (800) 600-5311
- Brattleboro Retreat
Inpatient services for children and adolescents.
Phone: (800) RETREAT (738-7328)
Family service organizations
- Waypoint (formerly Child & Family Services of New Hampshire)
An independent, nonprofit agency that provides an array of social services for families and children.
Phone: (800) 640-6486
- New Hampshire Partners in Health
A community-based program for families and children with chronic health conditions in New Hampshire.
Phone: (800) 656-3333
- The Autism Society of New Hampshire
Dedicated to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), the Society is comprised of individuals with ASD, families, professionals, friends, and community members.
Phone: (603) 679-2424
- Easter Seals of New Hampshire
Resources for people with disabilities or special needs and their families
Phone: (800) 870-8728
- Injury Prevention Center
Working to prevent deaths and disability due to injuries through public and professional education, enactment and enforcement of appropriate legislation, and by encouraging the development, distribution and utilization of proven strategies to prevent injuries
Phone: (877) 783-0432
- New Hampshire Catholic Charities
Counseling and community development
Phone: (800) 562-5249
- New Hampshire Schools by District
From the New Hampshire Department of Education
- Parent Information Center
Providing information, support, and educational programs for parents, family members, educators, and the community, PIC is a pioneer in promoting effective parent involvement in the special education process.
Phone: (800) 947-7005
- NH Family Ties
A network of parents with children who have special medical, developmental, emotional or learning needs.
Phone: (800) 698-5465
- ServiceLink New Hampshire
A statewide network of older adults, adults living with disabilities, chronic illness, and their families and caregivers.
Phone: (866) 634-9412
Support groups for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder
- ARCH of the Upper Valley
Support group for parents with children with autism spectrum disorder
Areas served: Vermont and New Hampshire
Phone: Kirsten Murphy at (603) 448-6311 or (603) 443-0652
- Autism Society of New Hampshire
Phone: (603) 679-2424