When you need to stay overnight with us, use the information in this section to help you prepare for your visit.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Your Visit answers some of the most commonly questions about your child's hospital stay or outpatient visit.
- Making the Most of Your Medical Appointment provides tips for having a successful appointment.
- Your Health Care Team describes the providers, nurses, therapists, and other staff you may meet during your visit with us.
- Preparing for Your Child's Surgery includes information about surgery and anesthesia, including frequently asked questions geared specifically to kids and how to talk to your child about surgery.
- What You Can Bring suggests personal items that children, parents, and caregivers can bring from home to help make your stay more comfortable.
- How You Can Help Your Child offers suggestions on ways you can make a stay with us easier for your child.
- What to Tell Your Child gives advice about how to talk to your child about their visit to the hospital.
- What to Expect Going Home explains the hospital discharge process.
For detailed information about where to park, please visit the Parking, Transportation, and Maps page on the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics website.