It is often helpful to talk to parents who are dealing with the same issues, particularly in the case of rare disorders.
For some diseases (such as diabetes) we have lists of parents who are willing to speak to other about their child's illness.
If you think this would be helpful, please mention it at your visit and we will try to put you in contact with parents who have experience with that illness.
Links and resources
National organizations and websites
- The Hormone Foundation
- Human Growth Foundation
- The Magic Foundation
- American Diabetes Association
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
- Children with Diabetes
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Association
- Turner Syndrome Society
- GoodRx: Prediabetes
The following manufacturer links provide information on endocrine-related devices and medications.
- B-D Mini Pen - Becton-Dickinson
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring System - Minimed
- Freestyle glucometer - Therasense
- One Touch Ultra - Lifescan, Inc.
- In Duo - Novo Nordisk
- Animas insulin pump - Animas
- Disetronics insulin pump Disetronics
- Minimed insulin pump - Minimed
- Genotropin - Pharmacia
- Humatrope - Lilly
- Nutropin - Genentech
- Saizen - Serono