Our community plays a key role in building the CHaD experience for children and their families. The Child Life program provides programming, education, developmental supplies, and entertainment for hospitalized children as well as for those in outpatient clinic areas. We believe it is important to offer children safe spaces and normal day-to-day activities—the kind they would participate in if they were not at the hospital.
We think of activities as our tools to help motivate children and keep things as normal as possible. Your support helps to ensure that missing out on an exciting event or opportunity for play will not be another concern.
Ways you can participate
At the hospital
Volunteers are able to support the needs of children in a variety of ways:
- Commit to a consistent weekly time as a Camp CHaD or Cuddler volunteer.
- Provide student enrichment while children are hospitalized or having medical experiences through the Pencil Partner Program.
- Bring your four legged friend! We have dogs that are certified through Therapy Dogs International visit twice a week.
If you are interested in any of our volunteer opportunities, please visit the Getting Involved at CHaD page.
In addition, we welcome visiting small entertainment and community groups. For more information, please visit our Entertainment Guidelines and Application page.
At our events
Participate in one of our events. There is always something exciting happening to support the children at CHaD.
In your community
Organize a collection for things that we need, including:
- Latex-free kids bandaids
- Things to help kids breathe deeply — kazoos, small bubble, pinwheels, party blowers
- Follow us on social media and share our news with your friends:
- Create self-contained projects in a quart sized resealable bag. These are great for kids that are waiting.
Make a donation
Donations can be made in a variety of ways and sizes. Please view our wish list for our latest needs.